Alright laddies, here it is. Remember, this is an event to have fun and showcase your creativity. Use it! and now, the official rules.
1. You have to have a title. Your 'Zine does not necessarily have to be BMX related.
2. 'Zines will be made up of two 8-1/2"x11" sheets folded and stapled giving you eight 4-1/4"x5-1/2" pages including cover and back cover.
3. You must include some sort of interview. Other than yourself, it doesn't matter who it is.
4. You must include a review. Again, I don't care what it's of (i.e. movie, band, bike part, place to watch the sunset), but it has to be a legitimate review.
5. No plagiarism. All articles must be your own and current.
6. We will meet up at Tio's Garage and Taco Station (formerly Dixie Grill) at 8:00pm on Sunday, November 18th. The address is 404 Ward Ave. Bring ten copies of your finished 'Zine.
7. Although you may work with others, this is not a team project.
8. Keep the Shit Talking to a minimum!
We will have self-judging for bragging rights in the following categories . . .
*Best Overall 'Zine
*Best "Made-Up Mail Order - Optional (No Sex Toys!)
Try and take all pictures and conduct the interview yourself. This is not supposed to be a vehicle to toot your own horn, although if you can . . .
Remember, this is just a 'Zine. There is nothing you can do wrong. Talk about something you care about and it will be good.
Give me a heads up at www.myspace.com/streetsofmadness and let me know if you are entering. If nothing else, it's going to be fun. Let me know if you're just going to come out and hang out also.
Thanks go out to www.shootsbrah.com, Ride BMX Magazine, Black Lightning Clothing and Tio's Garage for their support.